SPORTS HOLIDAYS CYPRUS TERMS & CONDITIONS
HOLIDAY PACKAGES, INCLUSIVE OF ACCOMMODATION AND TRANSFERS
Your contract is with MOKAPOT PRUDUCTIONS LTD (trading as Sports Holidays Cyprus). Registered office: 15 Christou Vasileiou Kakopetria Nicosia. Company registration number HE 345817 (we, us, the Company).
1. Your holiday contract
a. When you make a booking you guarantee that you have the authority to accept and do accept on behalf of your party the terms of these booking conditions.
b. A contract will exist as soon as we issue our confirmation invoice.
c. This contract is made on the terms of these booking conditions, which are governed by Cypriot Law, and the jurisdiction of the Cyprus Courts.
d. If you had not seen these terms and conditions when you made your booking and you are not happy to proceed with the booking now that you have seen them please return all documentation to us or to your travel agent, within 7 days of the invoice date. Your booking will be cancelled and you will be refunded in full, provided you have not commenced your travel.
e. We recommend that as a condition of booking with us that you and all members of your party are adequately insured on holiday.
f. It is your responsibility to let us know, at the time of booking or as soon you become aware, whether extra assistance is required for any disability you or another member of your party may have or if there are any special requests. Please note that we will try to accommodate special requests that are reasonable but cannot guarantee this, especially where it is outside of our control. In particular, special requests such as low floor, sea views etc are not able to be guaranteed unless you have specifically booked the type of room in question.
2 IMPORTANT: What is not included in your holiday contract. This is not an exhaustive list.
a. Event entry – if you have booked to attend an event through us, this will be shown in your individual tour itinerary and which will be subject to the separate booking terms and conditions entered into by you at the time of booking.
b. Travel insurance.
c. Insurance cover for any of your possessions – including, but not limited to, any sports equipment you take with you on your holiday.
d. Any flights, baggage, meals, rooms or apartment supplements not detailed in your individual tour itinerary.
e. Any items listed as optional extras, such as excursions, which will be subject to the separate booking terms and conditions entered into by you at the time of booking.
f. The cost of any required visas and passports.
3. Your Holiday Price
a. We reserve the right to alter the prices of any of the holidays shown in our brochure or website. You will be advised of the current price of the holiday that you wish to book before your contract is confirmed.
b. When you make your booking you must pay a deposit of at least 100€ per person plus the cost of any non refundable items such as event entry fees – these will be clearly stated at the time of booking. The balance of the price of your travel arrangements must be paid at least 4 weeks before your departure date, unless otherwise noted. If the deposit and/or balance is not paid in time, we shall cancel your travel arrangements. If the balance is not paid in time we shall retain your deposit.
4. If You Change Your Booking
If, after our confirmation invoice has been issued, you wish to change your travel arrangements in any way, for example your chosen departure date or accommodation, we will do our utmost to accommodate these changes. Any request for changes to be made must be in writing from the person who made the booking or your travel agent. You will be asked to pay an administration charge of 30€ per booking, and any further cost we incur in making this alteration. You should be aware that these costs could increase the closer to the departure date that changes are made and you should contact us as soon as possible.
Note: Certain travel arrangements (e.g. event entry fees golf green fees) may not be changeable after a reservation has been made and any alteration request could incur a cancellation charge of up to 100% of that part of the arrangements.
If the number of people on a booking changes, the holiday price will be recalculated on the basis of the amended party size and you will need to pay any difference in the holiday price. Note: any resulting increase in the holiday price per person is not a cancellation charge.
5. If You Cancel Your Holiday
You, or any member of your party, may cancel your travel arrangements at any time. Written notification from the person who made the booking or your travel agent, on your behalf, must be received at our offices. Since we incur costs in cancelling your travel arrangements, you will have to pay the applicable cancellation charges as follows:
|Period before departure within which notice of
Cancellation is received
|More than 90 days||Deposit or higher when any non-refundable costs are
|90 – 60 days||50% of holiday cost or higher when any nonrefundable
costs are included
|60 – 30 days||70% of holiday cost or higher when any nonrefundable
costs are included
|30 – 15 days||90% of holiday cost or higher when any nonrefundable
costs are included
|Less than 15 days||100% of holiday cost|
6. If We Change or Cancel Your Holiday
As we plan your holiday arrangements many months in advance, we may occasionally have to make changes or cancel your booking and we reserve the right to do so at any time. Changes If we make a major change to your holiday, we will inform you or your travel agent as soon as reasonably possible if there is time before your departure. You will have the choice of either accepting the change of arrangements, accepting an offer of alternative travel arrangements of comparable standard from us if available (we will refund any price difference if the alternative is of a lower value), or cancelling your holiday and receiving a full refund of all monies paid. In some cases we will also pay compensation (see below). These options do not apply for minor changes. Examples of minor changes include alteration of your outward/return flights by less than 12 hours, changes to aircraft type, change of accommodation to another of the same or higher standard, changes of carriers. Please note that carriers such as airlines used in the brochure may be subject to change. Occasionally some facilities at a hotel or venue may become unavailable at very short notice – we will try and advise you as soon as we possibly can. It is hoped that the hotel in questions will have or make alternative provisions for you to continue to enjoy your trip. Cancellation We will not cancel your travel arrangements less than 4 weeks before your departure date, except for events which are beyond our control – see important note below – or failure by you to pay the final balance. We may cancel your holiday before this date if, for example, the size of your party does not reach the minimum number required for a particular travel arrangement. If your holiday is cancelled you can either have a refund of all monies paid or accept an offer of alternative travel arrangements of comparable standard from us, if available (we will refund any price difference if the alternative is of a lower value). In some cases we will pay compensation (see below). Insurance If we cancel or make a major change and you accept a refund, we will provide a full refund of your travel insurance premiums if you paid them to us and can show that you are unable to transfer or reuse your policy. Compensation If we cancel or make a major change we will pay compensation as detailed below except where the major change or cancellation arises due to events which are beyond our control – see important note below. The compensation that we offer does not exclude you from claiming more if you are entitled to do so
|IF WE MAKE A MAJOR CHANGE TO YOUR HOLIDAY||IF WE CANCEL YOUR HOLIDAY||IF YOU CANCEL YOUR HOLIDAY|
|Period before departure within which notice of Cancellation or major change is received by us or notified to you||Amount you will receive from us||Amount you will receive from us||Amount of cancellation charge|
|More than 84 days||Nil||Deposit Only||Deposit or higher when any non-refundable costs are include|
|84 – 57 days||10€||10€ + monies paid||50% of holiday cost or higher when any non-refundable costs are included|
|56 – 29 days||10€||10€ + monies paid||70% of holiday cost or higher when any non-refundable costs are included|
|28 – 15 days||10€||10€ + monies paid||90% of holiday cost or higher when any non-refundable costs are included|
|Less than 15 days||25€||25€ + monies paid||100% of holiday cost|
IMPORTANT NOTE: Events beyond our control: This means that we will not pay you compensation if we have to cancel or change your travel arrangements in any way because of unusual or unforeseeable circumstances beyond our control. These can include, for example, war, riot, industrial dispute (for example, the disruption or closure of airports or other transport systems), terrorist activity and its consequences, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, adverse weather conditions.
7. If You Have A Complaint
If you have a problem during your holiday, please inform the relevant supplier (for example your hotelier) and our resort representative immediately who will endeavour to put things right. If your complaint is not resolved locally, please follow this up within 28 days of your return home by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org giving your booking reference and all other relevant information. Please keep your letter concise and to the point. It is strongly recommended that you communicate any complaint to the supplier of the services in question as well as to our representative without delay and complete a report form whilst in resort or on the tour.
8. Our Liability to You
If the contract we have with you is not performed or is improperly performed by us or our suppliers we will pay you appropriate compensation if this has affected the enjoyment of your travel arrangements. However we will not be liable where any failure in the performance of the contract is due to: you; or a third party unconnected with the provision of the travel arrangements and where the failure is unforeseeable or unavoidable; or unusual and unforeseeable circumstances beyond our control, the consequences of which could not have been avoided even if all due care had been exercised; or an event which we or our suppliers, even with all due care, could not foresee or forestall. Our liability, except in cases involving death, injury or illness, shall be limited to a maximum of three times the cost of your travel arrangements. Our liability will also be limited in accordance with and/or in an identical manner to:
a. The contractual terms of the companies that provide the transportation for your travel arrangements. These terms are incorporated into this contract; and
b. Any relevant international convention, for example the Montreal Convention in respect of travel by air, the Athens Convention in respect of travel by sea, the Berne Convention in respect of travel by rail and the Paris Convention in respect of the provision of accommodation, which limit the amount of compensation that you can claim for death, injury, delay to passengers and loss, damage and delay to luggage. We are to be regarded as having all benefit of any limitation of compensation contained in these or any conventions. You can ask for copies of the transport contractual terms, or the international conventions, from Mokapot Productions Ltd Limited, 15 Christou Vasileiou, 2800Kakopetria, Nicosia Cyprus. Under EU law (Regulation 261/2004) you have rights in some circumstances to refunds and/or compensation from your airline in cases of denied boarding, cancellation or delay to flights. Full details will be publicised at EU airports and available from airlines. However reimbursement in such cases will not automatically entitle you to a refund of your holiday cost from us. Your right to a refund and/or compensation from us is set out in clause 7. If any payments to you are due from us, any payment made to you by the airline will be deducted.
Note: this clause does not apply to any separate contracts that you may enter into for excursions, events or activities whilst on holiday.
11. Prompt assistance in resort
If the contract we have with you is not performed or is improperly performed as a result of failures attributable to a third party unconnected with the provision of the services, or as a result of failures due to unusual and unforeseeable circumstances beyond our control, the consequences of which could not have been avoided even if all due care had been exercised, or an event which we or our suppliers, even with all due care, could not foresee or forestall, and you suffer an injury or other material loss, we will offer you such prompt assistance as is reasonable in the circumstances.
12. Passport, Visa and Immigration Requirements
Your specific passport and visa requirements, and other immigration requirements are your responsibility and you should confirm these with the relevant Embassies and/or Consulates. We do not
accept any responsibility if you cannot travel because you have not complied with any passport, visa or immigration requirements.
Excursions, events or other tours that you may choose to book or pay for whilst you are on holiday are not part of your package holiday provided by us.
For any excursion, event or other tour that you book, your contract will be with the operator of the excursion, event or tour and not with us. We are not responsible for the provision of the excursion, event or tour or for anything that happens during the course of its provision by the operator.
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
14. Data Protection – The lead person on the booking must have approval from all other members of the party (and any “emergency contacts”, where applicable) to give consent to our processing their personal information to ensure that your holiday runs smoothly (in the case of minors, under 13 years of age, from their parent or guardian; in the case of anyone unable to give consent, from their legal representative). This may include providing your key personal information to specific suppliers involved in the organisation of your holiday, who may be outside of the United Kingdom. Any medical information volunteered will also be passed to the relevant bodies responsible for giving assistance at an event. Note that, by agreement with our suppliers and relevant organisations, any personal information passed will be held for the duration of the contract and then destroyed. If you have signed up to our newsletters and/or waiting lists, we will send you the information you have requested by email until such time as you wish to unsubscribe. You may unsubscribe at any time, using the link on our email, and your email address will be removed from our Marketing list. Please note that this may take up to 10 days
15. Health Regulations – We advise all customers to check what the latest health requirements are for travel to their chosen destination and to ensure that they are fit enough to participate in any event, excursion or other tour they may take part in. Please consult your doctor, practice nurse or travel health clinic and/or obtain the relevant health leaflets, for example the Department of Health leaflet “Protect your Health Abroad” from your Department of Health. We would also recommend that you consult with the following websites for advice: http://www.visitcyprus.com/index.php/en/practical-information/health-safety , https://www.moh.gov.cy/moh/moh.nsf/index_en/index_en . For Foreign Office advice on traveling to Cyprus, please refer to http://www.mfa.gov.cy/mfa/mfa2016.nsf/index_en/index_en?OpenDocumentwww.fco.gov.uk/knowbeforeyougo
16. Tickets and Tour documents – These will be sent to you approximately 10-14 days before departure and may arrive by post or email (as appropriate).
a. Event Entry forms – For some events, entrants are obliged to fill in the appropriate official entry form, which we will send to you. This form must be returned within 7 days, or by any specified date for that event, to the issuing office or the specified location. Entries are subject to the event’s conditions of entry, which are outside of our control. Failure to return the signed entry form within the specified time may result in your race entry being refused, your booking cancelled and the loss of all monies you have paid.
b. All requested medical information must be supplied otherwise the entry may be invalid.
c. In the event of cancellation or postponement of the event, for whatever reason, we cannot be held responsible in any way for any loss (whether monetary (i.e. non-refundable event fees) or otherwise) or inconvenience.
d. Some events may require a medical certificate to be able to enter. You will be advised of this at the time of booking, but it is your responsibility (and expense) to ensure you have organised this in accordance with the requirements of the booking.
e. Events may change their security and safety arrangements at the last minute and without notice and we have no control over this. Please be prepared for this eventuality and listen to the advice of any security officials and do what they say.
f. Certain events may require participants to undertake anti-doping procedures. You must be willing to adhere to this condition, otherwise your participation may be barred or annulled.
g. Participation or attendance at events may grant the event organiser permission to use your image in any subsequent promotion or communication about the event, whether it be via TV, printed material, online or otherwise. If you do not agree to this, you should not enter the event.
h. Many events do not permit the resale or swapping of entries and we would recommend you only do this where authorised by the event organizer. Contravention of this may render the entry void.
18. Cycling/Triathlons – We do not accept any responsibility for the flight carrier failing to carry the cycle on the same flight as the entrant. We will use our reasonable endeavours to expedite speedy delivery, but this is outside of our control. If you have reserved bike hire through ourselves please refer to the separate terms and conditions covering this.
19. Baggage – Typically one average sized suitcase only per person is permitted – weight allowances do vary dependant on the carrier, so please check with the carrier. Infants do not have any baggage allowance. Due to recent security alerts, the approved items for carriage within the cabin or aircraft hold have been subject to change. Please refer to your carrier for the very latest information prior to departure and the departure airport’s website.
20. Hotel Check In/Check Out – The standard international practice is to let rooms from mid afternoon (14:00) on the day of arrival until mid morning (12:00) of the day of departure. Occasionally when you arrive at your accommodation, you may have to wait a short while until your room is ready. Similarly, if you are leaving the destination on a flight later in the day, you may be required to check out of your hotel room earlier in the day. In some cases, you may be able to extend you stay in your room or have access to facilities at the accommodation to change and refresh yourself in, but we cannot guarantee this, and this should be arranged with the accommodation management.
21. Room Sharing – If you are travelling alone and do not wish to pay the applicable supplement for a single room, we will, if you wish and subject to availability, match you up with someone of the same sex on a “twin to share” basis wherever possible. If you select a room sold on this “twin to share” basis you will be sharing with another participant on the tour and not have sole use of the room. In such cases we are not allowed to give any details regarding the name, address or phone contact of the parties requesting sharing arrangements. Please note, you must inform us in advance of any medical conditions or personal issues that may negatively impact on someone else’s enjoyment of the trip, for example, snoring – if you do not inform us, then we reserve the right to change your booking to a single room and for you to pay the balance. Note: where a room has been booked for one person only, whether it be a single room or the sole occupancy of a larger room, no other person is permitted to stay in that room, even if there is physically space for that person.
22. Insurance – we have partnered with Trust to develop a bespoke insurance policy that is specifically designed for you while partaking on our tours. We are working together to ensure you have adequate Insurance for your tour and to provide complete peace of mind. The policy is available to Cyprus and Non Cyprus residents and will cover trips in the Cyprus, Europe and
Worldwide. For more details visit https://www.sportsholidayscyprus.com/services/ You must arrange adequate insurance for your own possessions, including bicycles, golf clubs and other sports equipment, etc. Please note, we are unable to insure your possessions, as we do not have an “insurable interest” in these. We are not liable for these possessions should something happen to them.
23. Tours and itineraries – Whilst we try very hard to deliver your tour itinerary as specified at the time of booking, sometimes circumstances beyond our control may prevent us from providing the exact tour itinerary that is advertised and in such circumstances we do not assume liability for any loss of the advertised elements of the itinerary. Please see the rest of these terms and conditions for further details.
24. Behaviour at hotels or venues – Please note, if your behaviour at any of the hotels or venues that we use leads to damage or costs being levied by suppliers, we will seek redress and recoup these costs from you or direct the supplier to you to take action. This could include damage to property. This brochure is our responsibility, as your tour operator. It is not issued on behalf of, and does not commit the airlines mentioned herein or any airline whose services are used in the course of your travel arrangements. Please note that in accordance with Air Navigation Orders in order to qualify for infant status, a child must be under 2 years of age on the date of its return flight. This brochure was published in June 2018. We reserve the right to make changes to the particulars contained in this brochure at any time after publication.